- A management concept for organising your company’s processes?
- Know-how to reorientate your existing process management?
- A set of goals and maturity models for continuously developing your processes?
- Apply reference models or individual models to build your process organisation
- Engage managers and employees
- Create awareness of objectives, changes and opportunities
- Establish process organisations and empower process teams
The introduction of a process organisation requires, according to our understanding, a clear objective and a clear understanding of the role of executive managers. And we will guarantee this over the course of our project work.
“The fact that the team at Braincourt consists of a technical expert for Finance and Controlling processes alongside technical process analysts was a key factor for success for harmonising and optimising processes.”
“With Braincourt as our partner, we were able to achieve all our project goals and to significantly increase the efficiency of the planning processes.”
“Competence and trust guarantee success and form the basis for our long-standing and successful collaboration with Braincourt.”
“Braincourt successfully carried out this change project with passion, conviction and skill, and thereby supported our employees at a human and extremely professional level.”